The Grand Rapids Griffins 4th Annual Pups and Pucks Fall Walk-a-thon
Monday, October 10, 2011 – 5:00pm - 8:30pm
presented by Beene Garter PC
benefitting Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary
WHAT IS THE PUPS AND PUCKS FALL WALK-A-THON?
Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary and the Grand Rapids Griffins are beyond thrilled to be hosting our 4th Annual Pups and Pucks Fall Walk-a-thon on Monday October 10, 2011. Come join the 2011-12 season Grand Rapids Griffins players and coaches, with or without a dog, as they walk our rescued dogs in an effort to raise funds and awareness for Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary, the largest no-kill Sanctuary in the Midwest, dedicated to finding loving homes for abused, abandoned and neglected dogs.
Enjoy a variety of fun, family-friendly activities including: Hay Rides, Petting Zoo, Arts and Crafts, Best Dressed Doggie Contest, Bake Sale, Live and Silent Auction, and more! BBQ Dinner will be provided along with some yummy vegan options!!
For the past three years, the money raised at each walk-a-thon has been set aside for our future on-site veterinary clinic. The future clinic will function to better serve our dog population in a timely and more cost effective manner. Having our own clinic would enable us to provide spay/neuters, dentals, x-rays, and routine vaccinations and exams. Thus furthering our mission of providing the highest standards of care for our animals, including veterinary care!!! We hope that by our 5th year, we will have raised enough money to cover this large expense.
Our fundraising goal at this years walk-a-thon is to raise $50,000 and we know with YOUR help - we can reach our goal!!!
HOW TO REGISTER
Due to the popularity of this event, pre-registration is highly recommended to help expedite the check-in process. Also, the first 100 people to pre-register will be guaranteed a walk-a-thon t-shirt and goodie bag at check-in!! *we can only guarantee these for the first 100 pre-registrants.
To pre-register online and start fundraising today – click on the button to the left.
If you are pre-registering online and plan to bring a dog(s), please be sure to bring their current proof of vaccinations or you can fax them in advance to 616-855-2285.
All participants are encouraged, but not required, to collect pledges. For those who are unable to collect pledges, there is a $10.00 entry fee per person. Children 12 and under are free!
We will have fun prizes for our top five fundraisers!
Checking in at the Walk-a-thon
Check-in begins at 4:30pm. If you haven't pre-registered, don't worry; you can still register at the walk-a-thon and turn in your pledges at this time or your $10.00 entry fee. If you haven’t pre-registered, be sure to get arrive early!
- Hush Puppies
- Bissell - Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum
- Bissell - Shed-a-way Pet Grooming Attachment
- Whiskers Resort
- Douglas J - $100 Gift Cert. & Gift Basket
- Amy Grant autographed 8x10 photo
- Jim Carry autographed 8x10 photo
- Christine Aguilera signed DVD
- The Grand Rapids Children Museum - 4 free admission
- Ryan Newman (Nascar) autographed 8x10 photo
- Betty White - Autographed 8x10 photo's
- John Ball Zoo - free admission 3 adults & 3 kids
- Jack Hanna - Autographed Book & Coffee Mug
- Grand Rapids Symphony - free admission for 2
- Heidi Christine's Salon & Spa - Haircut & Color
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Autographed Shirt
- Tim Allen - Autographed 8x10 photo
- Martina McBride - Autographed 8x10 photo
- Burton - Suitcase for silent auction
- Hop Cat - Doggie Gift Basket and Certificate
- PetsMart - Two animal carry bags and some small squeaky toys
- Pet Supplies Plus - Dog Beds & Toys
- Shaggy Pines - 1 Annual Gold Membership
- Digital Camera w/case & Memory card
- Dog Lover Basket (Books, Mug, Coffee, Teas, polar Fleece blanket)
- Doggie Tote Bag (poop bag caddy, hand sanitizer that hooks to leash, treats for dog & owner, gift certificate to Petsmart)
- Jimmy Howard Stick - Live Auction Item
- Signed Griffins Jersey - Live Auction
- Signed Red Wings Jersey - Live Auction
- Maple Hill - 2 rounds of golf
- MVP Sports - 6 month single membership
- Camp Bow Wow - Weekend Boarding Pass
- Griffins - 4 tickets, $25 cert. to McFadden's & 2 tin Lunch Boxes
- Griffins - 4 tickets, $25 cert. to McFadden's & fleece blanket
- Irwin Family - Australia Zoo Gift Package
[ collapse ]
- Dogs participating in the walk must present current proof of the following healthcare:
Bordatella Vaccination, Distemper Vaccination, Rabies Vaccination, and proof of a negative Fecal Exam (fecal taken within last 6 months). Proof of your dog's records can be faxed to Mackenzie's office at 616-855-2285, or submitted with your Registration form.
- We also suggest that participating dogs be on flea and heartworm preventative.
- All participating dogs must be kept on-leash (leash length 4-6 ft) and under control at all times.
- Female dogs in any stage of heat may not participate.
- All dogs participating should be comfortable with other dogs, and with interacting with people of all ages.
- Owners are required to clean up after their own dogs. Baggie stations will be available.
- Water stations will be provided for both dogs and walkers.
- We request that dogs be the only pets that attend this event. (no cats or other small animals)
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age unless accompanied by and adult.
- Ages 16-18 must have permission slip signed by parent or guardian.