Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Honey Bee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 1/13/2010
    Adoption Date – 5/6/2010

Hi! Things are going well with Honey! She is such a sweetie! She has relaxed right into our home and family. She loves the back yard and loves going for long walks.
    She has been a bit of a challenge and I’ve recently enrolled us in dog training classes. She has become VERY comfortable in the house and gets into EVERYTHING. She sits in the middle of the dining room table if we are not watching her and jumps up onto the counters as well (she stole an entire roasted chicken after I took it out of the oven!). I’ve begun crate training her because she jumps over the 4 foot gate in the kitchen. It is a learning process for everyone. The kids and I are learning that we have to put everything away, always (in the first week she ate/chewed my bite splint, kaleb’s retainer, xbox headset, 5 pairs of shoes, her brush, etc.). So….. we have a ways to go but once we get done with establishing who is boss and the house rules, all will be good!!
    I will send you pictures soon!

(What a cutie!!!! Full of it!!!)

Update on Honey Bee: 7/14/2010

Honey Bee has been an absolute delightful addition to our family! She is one of the funniest dogs I have ever encountered. She makes me laugh at least once a day! Here are a few of her funny stories!
    1. Honey is very inquisitive. When she first came to her new home she was investigating all of the rooms in the house. She went into my daughter’s bedroom and started barking and jumping around. She thought there was another dog in there she could play with because she saw herself in the full length mirror!
    2. Due to Honey enjoying chewing everything in sight, we started to crate her at night. She wasn’t a big fan of this. So one night I went upstairs to check on the kids and when I came back down I found Honey on my bed. She had brought her bed and blankie out of her crate and put them on the end of my bed (very neatly). She was laying there very still with her eyes squeezed shut super tight. When I tried to move her she kept her eyes closed and went completely limp so I could not move her. She has been sleeping at the end of my bed every night since. (So I’m now wondering who is training who!)
    3. Honey loves to swim. Every night we go on a 5 mile hike which always includes a stop at Rouge River in downtown Rockford. A few weeks ago she decided to go after a few ducks in the middle of the river. When she came back out she greeted me with a 3 ½ snake that she caught in the river. I’m terrified of snakes so I started running away from her. She thought this was a game and ran after me with the snake wrapped around her head. I eventually had to stop and grab the snake away from her. She thought this was great fun!
    4. The first couple of weeks that we had Honey she seemed a bit confused about the rules in the house. We also have 2 cats that sit in the windows, on the tables, and unfortunately on the counters. Honey decided that this must be okay for ALL animals. Several times I found her sitting in the middle of the dining room table looking out the window, sitting in the middle of the stove looking out the window, and asleep on the counter. She decided the kitty litter was an excellent option when it was raining out! Luckily she has been easily trained out of this!
    5. The first time we took Honey to Shaggy Pines Dog Park in Ada she had a blast. She ran with the other dogs and swam for over 3 hours. When we finally got her back to the car she fell asleep on the way home. She would not wake up for over 4 hours. She really loves playing with the other dogs and being off the leash!

We are so grateful for all that Mackenzie’s does. We are very happy to have found such a wonderful dog!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu