Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

Dakota

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Intake Date – 1/13/2010
    Adoption Date – 6/7/2010

Update 5/10/2010
    An update on Dakota. She is a “lover” but I don’t think she was a farm dog. She has toooo many tricks up her sleeve to be an outside dog. After you left…. Bill took her for a walk which she seemed to enjoy. When I got home from my doctors visit I was making meatballs for homemade spaghetti and meatballs. As soon as I started that project, I had a little furry friend under foot with every move in the kitchen and she didn’t leave until I was finished. In the meantime she was ushered out to her potty spot several times. She seems to have that down already but we are going to put a bell on the back door and teach her how to tell us.

Later in the afternoon our two grandchildren, Mina 17 and Nicholas 16 came for dinner. They loved Dakota and she loved them. So we sat down to dinner and guess who was sitting on her HIND LEGS and begging at the table right next to me. She wanted some of what we had. Anyway, she tried all kinds of cute distractions to get part of dinner. So Bill took a tiny bit of what we had and coated her food and then she ate hers and was happy.
    As the evening went on I asked my Granddaughter if she wanted to watch something upstairs in our bedroom seeing as the guys were watching sports. And before we started upstairs Dakota was upstairs on my bed waiting for us. Needless to say she watched tv with us. Later she had another potty stop and ended sleeping between us upstairs. She seemed VERY COMFORTABLE. Bill let her out in the morning and she went to her spot and came right back to the door. She still has not gone in her cage. The treats are still waiting in there.

Today Bill took her and went to the humane society to get her license. She loved the car ride as you predicted but was very upset when Bill went in with her. She hid behind him and had her tail between her legs. But as soon as Bill took her back outside and was heading to the car she started talking to him and jumping on him. She was so happy that we didn’t leave her. So far she is a sweetheart that just loves people. I will keep you posted. Dakota’s Mom!

Update on Dakota 7/14/2010

We just decided that we were ready for another dog in our life. Our daughter-in-law recommended Mackenzie’s. We looked on-line and saw Dakota and decided she fit what we were looking for. We met her and decided she was ours. She has added new life to ours and she seems very content and happy with us! Oh by the way she sleeps with us, and sure can take up alot of room for a small dog! She loves to go for walks and go on car rides. She also loves people, we are working with her on some other dogs thoough….prefers people! She definately wants to please and we are very happy with her.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu