Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Mackenzie's Animal Sanctuary will get a $20 donation!

MAS Volunteers continue to shine!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just wanted to first and foremost thank all of our volunteers that have been able to come in and help us with our resident dogs while our staff resources are being stretched in an additional direction working with multiple smaller rescues in an effort to remove as many dogs from Montcalm County’s Shelter as possible bringing them into a safe and healthy environment. This project has been stressful for all in trying to do what’s best and ensuring that no one here is left behind. Without the help of the volunteers that have been coming in and taking on additional or unusual assignments, our ability to provide enough enrichment to keep our dogs happy and mentally/emotionally balanced would have been minimal.

Secondly, I wanted to update you on the events surrounding the multiple rescues and MAS. Our first batches of what have been all young dogs, are starting to cycle out slowly with replacement young dogs coming in and taking their place. To date, this is expected to occur for another couple of months. Here are a few facts and information:

Our first dog was taken in Friday the 13th of February.

Number of dogs taken care of to date 24.

Three puppies were born here at MAS on Valentine’s Day.

Number of dogs cycled out 10.

Number of different rescues we are currently working with 10.

3 different states we are working with in addition to MI – NY, WY, WI

2 of the dogs discharged traveled by airplane.

Each dog is provided with the following services by MAS – medical monitoring, food and care 3 to 4 times a day, physical examination and vaccines through our veterinarian, fecal testing, parvo testing, treatment for intestinal parasites and worms, and health certificates for travel.

Two of the dogs that were taken in on 2/13 did test positive for parvo, were treated by our veterinarian and released. They have since been discharged from our facility.

We have received $350 in donations because of our efforts. One donation was from the rescue in WY and the other was from a person that read the press release in the Detroit Press. A BIG thank you to those contributors.

Additional volunteer hours put in to help us with our resident dogs during this ongoing emergency since we put out the request for additional volunteer help on 2/20/09 to 3/4/09 OVER 95 ADDITIONAL HOURS!!! ALL OF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

As you can see, any additional support that can be offered is and has been very much appreciated by staff, other volunteers, potential adoptors and most of all our resident dogs. Our volunteers shined brightly during the previous emergency situations and have held true to form and are shining again. That is why I ask you to continue your additional efforts when you can. Not for us, the staff, but on behalf of those that need you most, our dogs.

From all of us at Mackenzie’s…………Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

As a staff member, I can’t say enough about how fortunate we are to have such wonderful volunteers. No matter how busy their lives are they always find a way to help! When we have situations come up like Hurricane Katrina and Montcalm Animal Shelter, it is wonderful to know that we are able to help out because of our volunteers. They help to insure our resident dogs don’t miss out on time while giving staff the extra time to devote to the new dogs that are in need. It makes the world of difference.

We couldn’t do any of the things MAS does, without our all of our wonderful volunteers!!

I am and have been so impressed by the people I have met that volunteer here at MAS. Your dedication to our common goal is incredible. It is an honor to know all of you!!

MAS will always come to the front when there are dogs in need and save wherever we can no matter how thin we make our staff resources. We do worry about the welfare of our resident dogs but then realize our volunteers once again have doubled or tripled their efforts and the resident dogs are doing just fine.

Sometimes it even seems the resident dogs get more time because of your efforts. Nothing we do here would be possible without each and everyone of you.

Thank you so much for being the awesome people you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu